The SH 288 expansion includes three major interchanges:
- Beltway 8, which will include (8) new direct connector/ramp bridges
- Loop 610, which will include (8) new direct connector/ramp bridges
- The Texas Medical Center, which will include (2) new direct connector/ramp bridges
Blueridge Transportation Group (BTG) has been commissioned with the design-build, financing, operating and maintenance of a portion of State Highway 288 (“SH 288”) located in Harris County, Texas, including:
- The construction of four tolled lanes, eight new tolled direct connectors at Beltway 8, and new tolled direct connectors near the Texas Medical Center and related facilities along with a portion of State Highway 288 from U.S. Route 59 to a point just south of the Harris/Brazoria County line.
- The design, development, and installation of an Electronic Toll Collection System on the Toll Lanes in the Project Segments.
- The implementation of certain utility adjustments in the Project Segments.
- The reconstruction of all eight IH 610 Interchange direct connectors and the implementation of certain utility adjustments in the existing lanes.
These improvements encompass a 10.3-mile stretch from US 59 to the Harris County line at Clear Creek. Between the addition of toll lanes and the improved functionality of these interchanges, traveling on SH 288 will be more direct and more accessible than ever before.
Construction began October 2016 and is projected to end in Fall 2020. Drive288 is committed to working with the impacted community who lives, works and travels on SH 288 on a regular basis, so check back for construction updates, affected traffic areas and alternate routes.